Friday, September 1, 2023

A long strange Labor Day Weekend

 Tomorrow is Hanna's funeral. She was 98 but died too soon.

Then church on Sunday.

You already have both sermons.

I hate funerals for people I loved.

It's hard to hold it together when that's true.

And being at St. Paul's/St. James, a church I served over 30 years ago makes it worse.

I'll see people I haven't seen in decades and have to deal with their feelings about me and Hanna.

Going to Trinity, Milton on Sunday will be a relief from that.

But presiding two days in a row at my age is no fun.

If you're not old like me--76--you, hopefully, will be, then you'll know what I mean.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.