Wednesday, January 31, 2024

meeting with a bishop

Bishop Laura Ahrens met with me and the two wardens at the Diocesan offices because she is visiting Trinity on Feb. 18.

I have had issues with bishops before, but not with Laura.

We have a fine relationship based on mutual respect.

I enjoy being with her.

Our Jr. Warden had probing questions about the Episcopal Church and the conflict in Gaza.

But mostly we just talked about Trinity and what she should expect when she comes.

I also saw my old friend, H.D., who works at the Diocese.

We go way back and have shared joy and sadness with each other several times.

Not a bad bishop visit at all.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.