Monday, January 29, 2024

my handwriting and my 7 year old granddaughter

 My handwriting has degenerated so badly that I can't even read it.

I make my grocery list by printing and even then I sometimes can't read it!

If it wasn't for my key board I'd be cut off from the world by my writing.

Eleanor is 7--my daughter and son-in-law's girl.

Bern talks with her on zoom for an hour every M-W-F and sometimes other days.

I poke my head in and say hi from time to time.

But it is her and Bern's time.

Today, Bern had her phone turned up (maybe she too is losing her hearing) and Eleanor sang for 45 of the 60 minutes.

Her dolls were having a talent show.

She sings well (my singing is just below my handwriting) but our two kids got Bern's musical ability and passed it on to their kids.

Hearing Eleanor singing down the hall gives me great joy and hope for the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.