Sunday, July 26, 2026

Church was great

 I left to go to Trinity, Milton at 8:15 a.m. Very little traffic, lots of 4 lane roads and only 32 miles.

It took me 50 minutes! Why is that? I don't know.

But a good congregation, a couple of visitors who said they'd be back, my sermon was wondrous (just me talkin'!) and coffee hour great.

When I got home, B.S., Senior Warden and newsletter guy had sent a newsletter with two photos of me I never saw him take--one giving communion and one blessing food and clothes people brought for those in need.

He could be a CIA agent!

The drive home took less time--I'm an idiot about time....

I love that little church and all their wonderful members--confirmed liberals, thank the Lord--and wonder how long I can do this.

Bern asked me the other day.

I'll see next April 17 when I turn (God Help Me!) 80....

I never dreamed I'd live this long.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.