Sunday, July 19, 2026

Sunny Sunay

 Church went well. No musician but we sang "Morning has Broken" for the processional and "Amazing Grace" for the recessional and both went well. But miss Michael a lot....

On the way up to church (30 miles) I was just out of Thomaston and heard these weird sounds (pop, bang) that seemed to be coming from my driver's side door. I was perplexed and worried.

Then I stopped at a red light in Litchfield and after that, the sounds were gone. I think the car I drove behind for 7 or 8 miles, must have been backfiring.

I also got paid for a wedding I did a month ago. I'd let the couple know by email several times and it finally came in the mail yesterday, which I only picked up when I was about to leave for church today.

I love that little church--16 people today but a great coffee hour and lots of conversation.

How lucky can an old guy get?

A great life-long wife, two wonderful kids, 4 grandchildren...all a man could want....

Great sunny Sunday--not even too hot....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.