Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I know you didn't ask me, but...

It was so good to be in Ireland during a big piece of the government shut-down and the run up to the debt ceiling. It was so good not to have my intelligence and patriotism challenged by the likes of Ted Cruz (R-Texas) in the Senate and Louie Gomes (R-Texas) in the House. In fact, I would urge Texas to secede from the Union as their governor, Rick Perry (R) has somewhat recklessly mentioned from time to time. But only if Austin could be a part of Oklahoma or Louisiana. But when I think about it, those two states could secede to and become the country of "Ok-Lou-ass" with all their combined problems about poverty, lack of education and asshole politicians. God love them--and it wasn't so far out of the triangle, my home state of West Virginia could make them "West OkLouass".

The Wall Street Journal poll (that's the friggin' Wall Street Journal, not the New York Times or the Washington Post or MSNBC) this week said that only 24% of Americans polled had a positive opinion of the Republican Party! Let's have the 2014 election next week, for God and Country's sake....

This has been, without a doubt in my mind, one of the most foolish events in all of American history (and we've had a few....) It started about the Affordable Care Act--we'll shut down the government of the greatest nation on earth and default on our debts if Obamacare is not defunded" and ended up being something about 'being fair to all Americans", whatever that meant and which certainly didn't include the 800,000 federal employees out of work for two weeks.

And can we get something straight: The Affordable Care Act is the law of the land, passed by Congress, signed by the President, approved by the Supreme Court. What in the hell would move you to shut down the government and defy the Constitution's guarantee of the 'good faith and credit' of the United States because you don't like a law that is a friggin' LAW and are angry you lost the 2012 election which was, in essence, a ratification of that law? For God sake, get some common sense!!!

I am so sick of these people--and I know you didn't ask me, but I needed you to know that I have been paying attention to the idiocy that's been going on and, hopefully, is over for a few months after tonight. I am a priest of the church and have vowed over and again to be compassionate to all people.

Well, that vow doesn't extend to Ted Cruz or any of the Tea Party.

You didn't ask me, but that's the truth....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.