Monday, October 28, 2013

Something about October light...

I went out to get some wine at about 4:30 p.m. and there is just something about late October afternoon light.

Everything is, somehow at the same time, so clear and just a tad smokey. The late sun was shining through the trees onto the back of my car and it was like a spotlight, only rich and creamy.

Maybe it's just me--but there is a quality to Autumn light that touches me on an almost visceral level.

What it reminds me of is when I was young--11 or 12--and got new glasses. I'd gone to Bluefield to get them and when  I went into the parking lot bathroom before the hour drive across two mountains to get home, the sinks in that dingy place were so clear and bright.

A funny thing to remember. Maybe Autumn light prompts memories.

Something to ponder on a crisp evening when the light is totally gone....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.