Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Lunch with the past

I had lunch today with Malinda, who was the best assistant I ever had as a priest. She was also part of the 'dream team' for an urban parish staff.

She's pretty much done with working in the church--which is a great loss for the church, which can't afford too many more losses--but probably fine for her.

She was, though, the best person I ever worked with in the church as a clergy person and the 'second best preacher' in the Diocese of Connecticut. (Course you know who I think is the 'best'....)

I am at a time in my life that I am in touch with my past more than I've ever been. For decades I've simply moved on from friendships and developed new ones. But now, maybe because I'm becoming an old white man, I'm staying in touch with folks from the last few decades of my ridiculously long life.

I like that, staying in touch, having lunch with the past....I like that about the 'me' I am right now.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.