Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My huge bag

I have one of those Stop and Shop bags--the really big ones you buy to be self-righteous and not use plastic or paper--absolutely full of typed (or printed out pages) of stuff I've written.

I can't even approach it. It is terrifying to me. What might I find in it? Where did it come from? Why do I have it?

I pull out a page at a time and remember it not.

This is stuff I poured over, cared about, stuff that mattered to me. And I have no idea what it is and am too intimidated to pour it all out and sort it out and ponder who I was when I wrote all that. There must be 500 pages of writing in that bag.

And I can't bring myself to dump it our and sort through it.

I don't know why.

I'll ponder that and let you know what's there.

I promise, just because that will make me do it.

But not until we come back from Oak Island a week from Saturday...and not that day surely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.