Friday, February 2, 2018

Sort of stuck

Seems to me that I mostly write these days about the weather, my dog (who still declines) and President what's his name.

So, I need to lighten up some and write about something that doesn't annoy or depress or anger me.

So, what about eating?

Bern and I take turns cooking dinner. We never eat breakfast or lunch together but we always eat dinner with each other. I like the rhythm of taking turns. I made pasta sauce yesterday with crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, onions, mushrooms and Italian sausage over three-cheese ravioli with broiled bread and butter.

Tonight she baked a chicken on top of onions. celery, peppers and carrots with broccoli and scalloped potatoes.

We eat a lot of fish of many kinds--salmon and cod are the favorites but only sock-eyed salmon and wild caught cod.

We do salad a lot.

We seldom eat dessert but Bern is on an ice-cream kick now.

She has eating kicks--now it is banana bread with chocolate and ice cream. And Cheerios out of the box. She goes through stuff like that until she doesn't any more. I don't know the last time she ate a sandwich--except for unsalted peanut butter and dill pickles on sour dough and open-faced. My mother used to take those to school for lunch except she used plain white bread. I've never tried it.

Well, I now see this isn't nearly as interesting as the weather, poor Bela and politics.

Sorry to bore you!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.