Monday, April 9, 2018

not quite yet...

It isn't yet 3 weeks since Bela dog left our lives and I'm not quite ready to stop writing about what that event meant to Bern and me.

Just today, Bern came up to me, embraced me and said, 'sometimes I just feel such a profound loss'.

I knew what she meant.

Every day, around three in the afternoon, I find myself wanting to say, as I always did, "time to feed the Puli."

His paw print is beside my keyboard. His ashes are on the floor to my right.

Even the things about him that used to annoy me, I long to experience one more time.

Dog lovers will get it, I'm sure.

"Profound loss" names it well.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.