Tuesday, April 16, 2019

I went for the first time in years

I went today to the Cathedral in Hartford for the Holy Tuesday renewal of ordination vows.

I road up and back with three friends and the trip was good.

The Bishop of Maine led a conversation around tables in the morning on a passage from Luke about Jesus telling the man who wanted to bury his father before following him, "let the dead bury the dead".

It also talks about foxes having holes and the Son of Man not having a place to lay his head.

But the conversation was good and the Bishop did a nice job.

The service was very good too.

Lunch was OK, but not great and because I have trouble registering for stuff on line, I had to pay $15 for lunch.

Not a bad day, but I do have to recall, every time I go to a clergy gathering, what Will Rodgers said about Methodist clergy. "Methodist ministers," he opined, "are like manure. Spread out, they do a lot of good, but all in one place they tend to stink."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.