Wednesday, April 3, 2019

R.I.P. The Rev. Dr. Bill Pregnell

Bill Pregnell was a professor of mine at Virginia Theological Seminary.

I loved him as a teacher and admired him as a man.

That affection went so deep that I asked him to preach at my ordination to the priesthood at St. James in Charleston, West Virginia.

And he agreed!

I have a picture of all the clergy from my ordination and Bill is in it.

What a joy he was--humorous and yet very intellectual.

I lost touch with him (as I often do with people from my past) and now he is dead at 88.

Deep breath. Grief. Sorrow.

I will miss you. Bill, though I haven't see you for decades.

Thanks for all the wisdom and humor and wonder we shared.

Whatever waits for us after death, I pray for you it is joyous.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.