A few weeks ago, I think I told you, I was presented with a huge box of stuff I left at St. John's in Waterbury which had been in their archives.
In it was a huge folder of sermons from the early 1990's that I looked through today. Maybe I'll share some of them with you here. Some were fascinating.
What I learned was I used to preach a lot longer 30 years ago than I do now. LONG sermons.
But something else was, I didn't remember having preached any of them!
How could I forget my words and thoughts?
I just did.
It was a comfort to me to look through them with the late March snow swirling outside.
Some of them I admired, but not their length....
Stay well. Wash your hands. Stay home.
- At least a month to go
- non-Funerals in a time of pandemic
- So, another month
- surprise call
- On-line church tomorrow
- Staying at home
- Old stuff
- Not like waiting for Christmas
- Here's the sermon I'll preach on Sunday for Facebook
- no church
- morning birds and afternoon sunshine
- It's beginning to feel natural
- Biden is winning
- Definitely wierd
- Definitely not 'business as usual"
- A sermon I never preached
- The Sports World should be in charge of the country
- Doing my taxes
- Happy to be where I am
- I hate, hate, hate Daylight Savings Time
- Believe science and don't be traumatized
- I am surrounded by poetry
- Hold on, beloved
- From 2007
- from 2004
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)