I didn't go to Emmanuel, Killingworth on Sunday and the day didn't feel like Sunday.
And today, our bishops asked us to extend the non-church through May 10.
No Palm Sunday. No Holy Week--Maundy Thursday and Good Friday--no Easter.
We'll be doing services on face book, but nothing 'in person'.
For someone who has been a priest since 1976, this is a huge upheaval.
No Maundy Thursday--my favorite Holy Day. And no Easter!
A virus has cancelled Easter!
No pain, no gain, athletes say.
So to gain safety, we must have the pain of not having Easter.
Alas and Alack.
But whatever it takes to move pass this virus.
That's the way I see it.
But I will sorely miss Holy Week.
- At least a month to go
- non-Funerals in a time of pandemic
- So, another month
- surprise call
- On-line church tomorrow
- Staying at home
- Old stuff
- Not like waiting for Christmas
- Here's the sermon I'll preach on Sunday for Facebook
- no church
- morning birds and afternoon sunshine
- It's beginning to feel natural
- Biden is winning
- Definitely wierd
- Definitely not 'business as usual"
- A sermon I never preached
- The Sports World should be in charge of the country
- Doing my taxes
- Happy to be where I am
- I hate, hate, hate Daylight Savings Time
- Believe science and don't be traumatized
- I am surrounded by poetry
- Hold on, beloved
- From 2007
- from 2004
- ▼ March (27)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)