Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Opening up

Connecticut, thank whatever God there is, is one of the last states to start opening up again.

Bern just told me the Consignment Shop, where she goes a lot, is opening on the 27th. Good for her. I seldom go there.

I don't know when I'll go to anywhere besides the grocery store and wine store. I've become immune to going to places I used to go to.

I know millions need to get back to work. But I don't. And I don't need to go to their stores and restaurants and bars and nail salons and barber shops and gyms. The only one of those I usually frequent is a salon to get a pedicure.

I have trouble cutting my toenails. But I've been fine, if not perfect.

Toenails grow much slower than fingernails so I only need to cut them every three or four months, not monthly like my fingernails.

I know I'm different from many since I'm mostly retired and didn't go out as much before all this, but, though people need to work, I'm not sure, even in Connecticut, that it's time yet to lift the quarantine quite yet.

This virus is very dangerous. Though I know others aren't--especially those who need a paycheck--I'll be perfectly happy to 'stay at home' for a couple more months.

We'll see.

Of course, we'll see.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.