Saturday, May 23, 2020

OK, I know

OK, I know my posts are getting too political. But my purpose here is to 'ponder' the world and much of what is going on in my world is political.

An election is coming, in case your forgot (sorry for the sarcasm there--I'm apologizing for everything tonight!) It is certainly the most important election in my lifetime and I'm over 70, so that's a while.

We've been in a maelstrom for over three years now--nobody in charge, major offices unfilled or filled by temps, no real national policy on much of anything--and then this pandemic and states left to fend for themselves (thankfully many did) and re-opening against all scientific advice.

No wonder I've been obsessed with politics!

But tomorrow is the 7th Sunday of Easter and the reading from 1 Peter begins like this: "Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery ordeal that is taking place among you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you. But rejoice insofar as you are sharing Christ's sufferings, so that you may also be glad and shout for joy when his glory is revealed."

This ordeal is terrible.

But we have hope and we have God and we have our faith or non-faith, but at least 'hope'.

Deep breath.

We will survive this.

And we will move on.

Hopefully rejoicing as we do.

Be hopeful my friends.

Be hopeful above all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.