Thursday, April 8, 2010

so, it was church....

I just noticed I haven't written for this since March 31--I blame it on the Church! That was Holy Wednesday and between then and now came Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, all Easter for two days and a period of rest and recovery.

I am getting old. It is right that I retire. I used to end Easter more energized than when it was Palm Sunday. I got tired this year. Too much church--there is such a thing as 'too much church'....

I have had friends who got so deeply into meditation that they seemed a bit distracted all the time. They were offended greatly when I suggested they were meditating 'too much'.

There is 'too much' of everything. Really....

It was special and sweet and wondrous and a bit of a miracle...the whole Holy Week Easter trip. I am not at all 'formal' in worship, but I love liturgy and I think we made it work in weird and quirky ways....

So, recovered from the drama, I'm back writing. See you soon.....shalom, JIM

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.