A week or so ago, I thought I saw a fox on Cornwall Avenue as I was taking my dog for h is morning walk. It was crossing Cornwall about a block future down than Bela and I were.
But I didn't say anything about it because I thought Bern would think I was slip-sliding away and start calling nursing homes about vacancies. Plus, the dog didn't react, but he was mostly thinking about peeing and pooping and it was a block away.
Then today, in the back yard, Bern and I were talking to Naomi, our next door neighbor about the baby robins in a quince tree in our yard that leans against the fence that divides our yard from Mark and Naomi's yard. And two of Naomi's kids--Phoenix and Eva were there along with a girl from the next house down (Linda and Scott's) whose name I can't think of and she was saying that her mother (Linda) saw a fox in their next door neighbor's yard.
So, at last I could claim to have seen a fox myself on Cornwall Avenue since Linda is probably under 40 and no one would think she had dementia because she saw a fox on our street.
(All this is significant because I did get out of my car while it was still running today and was walking toward our front door until I remembered I had heard WNPR as I was walking away from the car. I sometimes wonder if I shouldn't be in the home. Getting out of your car and walking away while it's still running makes me ponder about my faculties a bit....)
However, I'm glad to know someone besides me had a Fox Sighting on Cornwall Avenue. Yea!
- ► 2020 (335)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- ► 2015 (341)
- ► 2014 (346)
- Not so fast, you atheists...
- Back porch ponderings
- Toasted ham and cheese is a real breakthrough
- Bern is painting, I am going to movies....
- Thinking your pets are like humans is always a bad...
- The fox I saw on Cornwall Avenue
- I can't park any more....
- Another unread poem
- unread poems
- Happy Anniversary to me....
- What you fall into...
- not so suave as I imagined...
- Mother's Day 2013
- Turn about is fair play...
- If you're going to lose a day, pick Wednesday....
- Talent Shows
- Spring is not the time to die
- Steamboat, rest in peace...
- What I realize
- What I'm pondering this week
- Stuff that happens
- My fear of hostas
- ▼ May (24)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)