Wednesday, January 17, 2018

sleeping late

I always heard that as you got older you slept less and less.

Not me!

I can, seriously, sleep more than 8 hours every night. I usually go to bed at 11, read for a while, and sleep until 9.

And I could do that every night.

Bern, when she wakes up, really 'wakes up'. She'll go in the tv room and doze on the couch but her night's sleep is over.

I can wake up--and sometimes do--several times a night, but I just lay still and go back to sleep.

And since I don't function well without sleep, this is a great gift.

I even asked Bern this morning if she resented me sleeping late. She said she didn't and I believed her so I went back to bed for 45 minutes! And I slept.

(I secretly think she is just as glad I'm not around as she drinks her morning pot--I mean 'pot', not 'cup'--of coffee and can do what she wants. I'm a morning person--probably because I sleep well--and she definitely isn't. So she's glad to not see me until 9 or later.)

Pleasant dreams....

I hope you all sleep like I do.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.