Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Day from hell...and heaven...

Yesterday was one of the longest days of my life. I left my home at 5 a.m. and was back at 10:30 p.m.

I went to NYC, to a part of Fordham University to be one of six people leading a Mastery Foundation workshop on Forgiveness.

I've been a part of the Mastery Foundation for 30 years, ever since I found my priesthood transformed and made new in a Making a Difference Workshop--the first undertaking of the foundation. So, I'd do almost anything for Mastery. I'm a senior leader of the MAD workshop and have been on the board, though I seldom go to meetings since they are usually in California, where the Executive Director lives.

The 'hell' of yesterday was the travel.

I took a 5:47 train from New Haven, arrived at Grand Central, took the shuttle to 42n't Street, took the 1 train uptown to 60th Street, walked to, I think, 62nd St., turned left and walked three blocks. I was there before 9 a.m., about the time I would be waking up at home.

I left Fordham at 6 or so, got horribly lost in the subway system--being given wrong directions aain and again--and didn't get to Grand Central, soaked in sweat from the subway's heat and humidity and caught a 7:18 overly air conditioned train to New Haven. There by 9:20 or so, I thought I was safely done and in my car. It was so foggy that It took me over half an hour to drive home at 40 mph--a trip that usually takes under 20 minutes. I was home at  about 10 p.m.

That was the hell of the day. I walked more that day than I have for years.

The heaven was the workshop, and all the people from Mastery who were there. I adore those people--Jim and Dan and Maggie and Ann and Allan and Terry and Kate and Michael and Bertram and Bill--they have been a part of my transformed life.

And the workshop--a Pilot Workshop on Forgiveness has been years in the design. And most all the people in the workshop had done other Mastery work and were there to help create the design and transform it to be used with people who counsel other people to give them a transformation of 'forgiveness'.

Amazing people, amazing and transformative stuff.

Heaven's part of the day.

But 5 a.m. until 10 p.m. and too zoned out to sleep for another two hours and having eaten: a chicken sandwich, a candy bar, a smoothie, a coffee, a donut and lots of water the whole 17 hours--well, it was 'hell'.

But the people, the workshop, the connections, the power of forgiveness--pure 'heaven'.

Quite a day, all told.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.