Saturday, May 6, 2023

Can't do it this week

 I like to send out my Sunday sermon on the blog--but I can't this week because I am so computer stupid that I couldn't save it and I am too lazy to type it out again.

Alas for me.

It's about faith and doubt.

I really believe 'doubt' is a part of faith--consider 'doubting Thomas' who becomes the first person besides Mary Magdalene to declare Jesus 'my Lord and my God'.

The first three lessons this week are full of faith without doubt.

But in the Gospel of John, Jesus is telling his closest friends what is going to happen to him and that he goes to prepare a place for them.

Thomas (God love him) says "we don't know where  your going, how can we know the place"

Then, a few sentences later, Philip says, "show us the Father and we will be satisfied."

Jesus replies that he and the Father are one.

So, if Thomas and Philip can have doubts, so can we.

"Doubt is on the road to Faith."

That's my message this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.