Friday, May 26, 2023

I haven't blogged...

...because I've been in the hospital.

(I'll spare you the details by coping and email I sent to Trinity, Milton when I got home today.)

 

Dear All--I fell on Sunday and fractured cracked two ribs. It didn't hurt enough the first two days (and I didn't know the ribs were cracked!) but by Tues. I was in such pain I went to urgent care. They send me to Mid-State in Meriden by ambulance because my blood oxygen was 84. They found the cracked ribs but don't handle such cases and sent me by ambulance to Central CT hospital in New Brittian. Which I obviously can't spell!

They did great work and by this morning the pain was controlled, my blood oxygen was 97 and the fluid in my lungs (too painful to cough before) was gone.

So, Bern and I got home at 3:30.

Please let everyone know on Sunday that I'm on the road to recovery.

Also let them know I am not to exert myself for 2 weeks, so, I'm sorry that I can't be there on Wed. 31 at noon.

Steve has the next two Sundays anyway--So that's good for the parish.

We're supposed to be in N.C. June 3 to 10. I won't go unless a Dr. says ok.

That's my tale of woe, but the tale is looking better starting right now.

Shalom, Jim

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.