Sunday, May 21, 2023

Church today

Today we at Trinity, Milton, honored the mother of Roni, one of our members.

Roni is a drama teacher and she acts in plays around the state.

Instead of the sermon I wrote, I used the piece from this blog, "When people die" and Roni's brother said a few things and I said a prayer to God to receive "Sue" (Roni's mother) though that was not her given name but the one people called her.

Sue had 10 children. The first one died before the second was born. Several of them were there today.

Roni sang the 23rd Psalm to the St. James Aire--a lovely song.

People were deeply moved by the service--and many told me afterwards.

(Part of it was Eucharistic Prayer C--my favorite--that I think they are coming around to embracing.)

But the biggest part was remembering someone none, outside her family, had ever met.

People are moved by remembering the dead.

We all want to be remembered after we die--I know we do.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.