Friday, January 3, 2014

A milestone missed...

It didn't occur to me until a moment ago, when I posted the 802nd post I've ever posted that yesterday's post about the impending storm was the 800th of all time.

I like milestones: birthdays, anniversaries, unbefore reached events.

But, like the storm that never really happened--oh, we had maybe 6 inches of snow and brutal winds and it is as cold as...(all the ways of completing that comparison, I realized after thinking about it for a few minutes, are either politically incorrect or, worse, inappropriate in general.)

Any way, it is very, very cold.

But like the blizzard that didn't show up, not noticing the 800th post was pretty much a non-event. But when I get to 1000--probably sometime this summer or early fall--I should create a celebration or liturgy or event of some kind.

Milestones deserve to be noticed and attended to.

Only 200 more of these to wade through--or, more accurately 197 more--before the fireworks and parade and somber speeches.


Something to look forward to....

or not....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.