Thursday, January 23, 2014

I'm Biebered out...

OK, to my knowledge, I've never heard a Justin Bieber song (is that  even how you spell his last name?) I never listen to Top 40 radio and am confident I've never seen him in a video or on TV.

So, why in God's name do I have to know so much about the little Canuk?

I know he has legions of Tweeny Girl fans and was born in Canada. I know he had a girlfriend who is some kind of celebrity (singer/model, I don't know) who he doesn't have any more. I know, at 19, he runs up $50K tabs at bars, buying for his bros. I know he infamously had a monkey that he didn't keep up with or treat well. I know he peed in a bucket in some public place. I know he egged his neighbor's house and when the police came there was a rapper in Bieber's home who was arrested for possession of drugs. I know he changed his signature hair style recently. And most recently, I know he was arrested for DUI/resisting arrest without violence/driving on a suspended Driver's license, hired the most famous lawyer in Florida to represent him and is smiling in his mug shot like it's all a big joke.

I know all that about him and have no opinion on his musical talent, having never, to my knowledge, heard him sing. My question is, why, in God's name, do I have to know any of this?

He sounds like a rich brat and I have no patience with rich brats or 'bad boy' Rappers or spoiled children. He should go to college and leave people like me alone. Or, maybe we could deport him back to Canada and make Florida a better place to live (though we'd have to deport Rick Scott and Marco Rubio as well to truly make Florida better).

Enough already!

Justin, sober up, shut up, grow up...quit throwing eggs, quick making 12 year old girls pass out with lust, enroll in college, study history and stop making a laughing stock of yourself. You're only 19 for Christ's sake...join a monastery, devote yourself to eliminating poverty, give your money to someone with some sense and, please, please, leave me out of your teenage melodrama, ok?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.