Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Lordy, lordy...

My friend Charles sent me a link to another blog he reads because he thought there were some similarities in our styles.

(At least I think he's my 'friend', not in the Facebook way, but really. But I'm never sure if people I think of as friends are, really....)

But the blog he sent me blew me away. It's by a hairstylist in Texas and we do, obviously agree on political and social things, but the truth is her blog compared to mine is Los Vegas compared to a rainy day in Cheshire.

She has all these visuals and connections and hundreds of comments (I seldom get one--once every four months, I'd say) and pictures and incredible stuff. She and I do agree on politics at any rate, but her blog looked like a Hollywood Blockbuster and mine looks like a phone booth that hasn't a working phone in a small town in Tennessee.

I don't mind for two reasons. First of all, I don't know how to do that stuff for my blog and second of all, I'm not sure I would, if I could.

I'd like more people to read what I write, surely--and she has hundreds and hundreds. But my stats are way up--over a hundred page views 3 days in the last week--and I'm just not ready emotionally or technically to be big time.

So, I'll keep doing what I do, thankful for every soul who reads anything I write and not worry about being splashy and wondrously creative and graphic.

Good enough for me. I'm just humbled and honored that Charles compared me at all to that fancy blog in Texas.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.