Thursday, January 16, 2014

no blood

The last time I was all set to go to San Francisco for a Mastery Foundation Board Meeting, I got up to find significant blood in my urine.

I've had prostate cancer surgery and weeks of radiation. The radiation scars the bladder which causes, from time to time scar tissue to tear off and cause blood clots which leave your body the only way they can causing you to cover vast expanses of bathrooms with blood. Not a pretty thing--I should have included a warning at the beginning to alert the faint of heart.

I called my urologist and he said, most definitively, not to get on an airplane. 24 hours later after drinking more water than a horse would need in a day, I was fine. But I didn't get to go to San Francisco. Unfortunately, I didn't have flight insurance (because I'm cheap) and lost the money for the tickets.

This time I got flight insurance, wondering if 'going to San Francisco caused the blood. So (cheap me) spent a little more money and though I waited all day, no issue of blood happened.

Maybe I'll get there tomorrow. Hope so.

Won't be taking my laptop--too much trouble. So I'll be back on Monday.

Be well and stay well.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.