Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Our yards

I know I've mentioned it before, but the truth is this: one of the reasons I believe in God is Bern's yards.

We've lived here since 1989, so she's had a quarter of a century to get them right--and they are so right!

From April on, something is always happening in the front yard and back yard. Just this afternoon I noticed yellow, purple, blue, white and orange in the back yard that weren't there a couple of weeks ago. I don't know any of the names of the flowers, but they keep coming all Spring and Summer and into the Fall.

In the front yard, she really specializes in exotic grasses that grow to washer/drier size and are in many hues of green. Nevermind the several species of ferns and ground cover.

I've loved her since 1964 and been married to her since 1970, but I'm still amazed and honored for what she brings into my life--among which is what she has transformed our back and front yards into.

Amazing. What a blessing....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.