Thursday, August 27, 2020

The Storm

 I went to Stop and Shop for a few things this afternoon.

As soon as I got in the car it started to rain really, really hard.

I could hardly see on the mile drive back home.

I sat in the car listening to NPR for almost 20 minutes, waiting for it to slacken up.

It didn't.

So, I got soaked during the 15 foot walk from my car to my house.

My cell phone was getting notifications every three minutes or so about a tornado warning.

This is Connecticut, not Oklahoma! Why are we getting tornadoes? 

Global Warming is screwing everything up. And who is going to address that?

Our current President?

I think not. He thinks it's all a hoax!!!

The notifications told us to go to the basement or an 'interior room'--a room without windows.

The only rooms in our house without windows are our downstairs half-bath and our second bathroom upstairs.

I told Bern I'd take the downstairs one and she and Brigit could take the larger upstairs one.

But we didn't have to.

The worst is over in this storm.

But we HAVE to address Global Warning.

Which only Biden/Harris will do.

Mark the date and vote!

https://youtu.be/j-xNDlTxExs (link to my youtube blog. All opinions here are mine and mine alone.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.