Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Getting older

I don't know how old you are, beloved, reading this, but I am 74 and have some questions for you in that area of life.

Do you ever walk purposefully into a room and forget why you went there?

I do.

Do you ever open a cabinet or a drawer to get something and not know what you're looking for?

I do.

Do you ever open the refrigerator to get something and are not sure why?

I do.

Ever pick up your car keys and wonder for a moment where you're going?

I do.

In my youth my IQ was 154.

Not sure I want to take the test now.

But maybe IQ doesn't have to do with the lapses of memory as you get older.

I don't know.

But I do know this: sometimes in a few seconds, I forget what I'm up to when I knew for sure those few seconds ago.

Getting older is a trip!

Just not always a good one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.