Friday, June 11, 2021

I don't know what I'm going to write

Sometimes (like tonight) I sign on to my blog with nothing certain to write.

I don't know what I'm going to write.

But it will be something.

The weather is wondrous.

No air conditioners for two days.

Sitting out on the deck, reading, with short sleeve shirts.

How good can it get?

In July, I start as Priest-in-charge at Trinity, Milton, which is part of Litchfield, 30 miles from my home.

My last 'cure'--figure out what that means???--was with three churches, only one of which was 30 miles away.

It's a great congregation that  I'm getting to know. I think I'll love it.

A quarter time job in the church means 10 hours a week. Since the trip takes me an hour round trip and the hours include sermon prep. I'll only work on Sunday and one day a week, doing God knows what.

Biden is at the G-7--the seven most wealthy countries. I think I can name them: the U.S., France, Great Britain, Germany, Canada, Italy and Japan.

Those leaders agree with our President more than the Republicans in Congress do.

Voter suppression is not an issue in the G-7--except here!

Attorney General Garland today announced the Justice Department will be expanding the group that deals with voting.

Lord help us!

The Maga folks don't want people of color to vote.

What a travesty.

Well, I didn't have anything to write after all....

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.