Saturday, June 19, 2021

If I ever eat McDonald''s again...

 ...it will be too soon.

    I took some really bulky items to the laundry mat for Bern the other day--things she didn't want to put in our washer. It was just after noon when the wash cycle started so I went up the road to McDonald's--though I hadn't for years--and got a cheese burger and a milk shake. The cheese burger made me feel a little queasy though I only ate half of it.

    I came home and told Bern. She said she hadn't eaten anything from McDonald's in 20 years.

    I don't blame her.

    So, why was it so popular in my youth?

    Going to McDonald's was like going to church--something good for you and to raise your spirits.

    Has it gotten worse or has my taste changed that much?

    I'm glad I didn't get a fish sandwich because I love fish so much (fixing Cod loin for dinner tonight) and would hate to be put off fish.

    I may not ever have a hamburger that Bern or I didn't fix again--although I had a Wayback Burger not long ago and it was wonderful.

    What where and what you eat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.