Monday, June 7, 2021

It's in the eyes

My eyes have itched all day. Bern's have too. Must be something in the air.

I need my eyes because I need to see the Truth.

Here's one true thing I see: I greatly dislike the state I grew up in and lived for my first 21 years and then served a church there for five years.

West Virginia is the source of my ire.

McDowell County, where I grew up, had a population of 100,000 when I was a teen. Now it is 23,000. Coal is dead--which is good--but so is the County of my birth.

It was a Democratic state most of my life there--but now it is ruby Red and getting redder.

The last state wide elected Democrat in the mountain state is Joe Manchin. And he's the one who is holding up all of Biden's bills--infrastructure, voting rights...on and on. 

With the Senate at 50-50, every Democrat is needed to pass anything. But Manchin won't budge.

He might as well become a Republican since he's voting with them at almost every turn.

I guess he fears going back to WV and losing his Senate seat to a Republican.

Like oh, so many politicians, he's more interested in keeping his job than in doing the right thing.

Alas and alack.

(I'm still a fan of WVU's sports teams--their the only thing that holds me to my home state.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.