Thursday, June 10, 2021

I've been pondering...

 ..."Eternity".

And it's a waste of time, so far as I can ponder.

I have no idea whatsoever what 'eternity' could be like.

And I'm not sure I would want to have an idea.

I know the brand of religion I practice has some inkling that somehow we will spend 'eternity' in the Light or in Fire.

I don't know what I believe about that.

"Ends" are a part of my reality.

"End-less-ness" is beyond my ken.

Spring ends.

Each day ends.

Dinner ends.

Sleep ends.

Experiences end.

Life ends.

I'm never any help when people ask me, as a priest, 'what happens when we die?'

I have no clue.

I leave all that up to God.

I'm concerned about living.

Let the Almighty handle dying.

Eternity is far out of my ball park.

I guess I'll just wait and see....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.