Saturday, December 25, 2021

Christmas isn't over

 It's the end of Christmas day.

I did a 4 pm service at Trinity in Milton.

Then we went to John's for the traditional Christmas Eve party--people we love and love.

Last night Bern and I opened our gifts. I got a toboggan and a scarf with the Bears--as in Chicago Bears--my team, though it's hard to explain why...I like their uniforms.

I also got a Bob Dylan playing card and the novel by Hilary Clinton and Louise Penny (my favorite novelist). I got Bern a sweater, a shirt that say's "Don't" from Shitts Creek and a heffier to be given to a needy family somewhere in the world.

John was our only guest at dinner--wondrous.

Tomorrow, weather permitting, we go to Tim and Mimi and Eleanor's house.

We also did face time with Josh, Cathy, Morgan, Emma and Tegan, as well as Tim, Mimi and  Eleanor, who ran away, not wanting to be the center of attention.

But Christmas is not over.

Twelve days it lasts.

Enjoy them all.

Merry Christmas--all twelve days of it....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.