Sunday, December 5, 2021

Wrong gospel--making it work

I wrote the sermon that I gave today on the wrong gospel!

It's Advent II and the gospel was from Advent III.

So, I read the gospel from Advent III, telling the people what I'd done and asking them not to tell the Bishop!

(He knows I don't paint inside the lines or keep the rules, but I didn't want him to know this.)

After church there was a brunch at one of the members houses that was amazing. About 50 people (but the house is huge) and food you wouldn't believe.

So, all was well and all things that could be well were well.

I love the people at Trinity. Milton and hope to be with them for a long while.

We'll see....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.