Tuesday, March 5, 2024

A poem from college

 Two people in my life have died in the past two weeks, so I remembered a poem I printed in the student magazine, which I edited in college.

It was written by a friend of mine after someone she loved was killed in Viet Nam.

Here it is.

Lean into it.


    When people die

    It's like a bird flying into a window

        On the coldest morning of the year.

    When people die

        It's like the bears have escaped from the zoo

            And are eating children on the street.

    When people die

        It's like a maniac has taken over the power station

            And the lights go off and on and off

            And on and off...

    When people die.


I agree.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.