Monday, March 11, 2024

Yelled at and insulted at Stop and Shop

 I almost always go to Big Y--one of the two large supermarkets in Cheshire. But I needed ground beef and rice to make food for Brigit and I went to Stop and Shop because it's closer.

I only had two pounds of hamburger and two bags of white rice so a kind lady let me go ahead of her.

The guy in front was putting his large order in bags, along with the store cashier. He was and elderly guy--or 'another elderly guy.'

He came to put his credit card in the machine and thought I was too close.

"Back up!" he yelled. "Don't stand so close to me."

I was about a yard away and didn't get it.

"Honor my personal space!" was his last comment before telling the cashier how rude I was.

I told the woman who had let me ahead of her, "all the good folks are back here."

He was still mumbling as he left.

Another reason I like Big Y.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.