Friday, March 21, 2014

Bern is back! Cahoo! Cahay!

It's been longer than a day now that Bern's been back.

I know I'm wearing you out with how much I want her near me, in a different room, most of the time, but it is so true.

I'm so much more centered now than those long days she was gone.

I think I need to ponder this connection, what it means to me, after all these years.

Just knowing she's down the hall upstairs while I'm writing this makes me feel more 'who I am' than I felt while she was away.

Have we become 'too close' in all these years?

Have I disappeared into her?

I don't think so, having thought about it a lot. We've become symbiotic in a way, connected at a subconscious level as well as a physical level.

We have our own lives, clearly. But there's something powerful and good about being near each other, in different rooms but still connected.

At least that's what I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.