Monday, March 10, 2014

Frank Pisano 1923-2014

Bern's Uncle Frankie died this morning in his 90th year.

His son Tony told Bern tonight that Uncle Frankie got to see WVU beat Oklahoma on Saturday and told Tony and Frances, two of his three children on Sunday, "whatever happens, I'm in a win/win situation. I've had a great life and today I'm with family."

That pretty much sums up who Frankie was.

He had a great life and he loved his family--including his niece Bern.

Bern and Mimi and Tim and I were at his 90th birthday party last year in a semi-good Italian restaurant with lots of people who loved him. And he was gracious and funny and hospitable as he always was. I've known him for almost 50 of his 90 years and he was, to my knowledge of him, always gracious and funny and hospitable.

Talk about a great life.

I'll go to the wake in Providence and Bern will go to West Virginia for his funeral, flying to Pittsburgh to ride down to the southern part of the state with her brother Dan.

That's how we'll do it.

Bern said tonight, "I really hope there's a heaven so Frankie can be there."

And after a long pause, thinking of him meeting up with Annie, his wife, who he loved like a rock, loved in a way that would fill your heart up to the brim, I said, "If there is a heaven, Frankie will be there."

And I mean it. I really do.

Frank Pisano was one of the best people I ever knew.

May he rest in peace.

Rest eternal grant to him, O Lord.
And my light perpetual shine upon him.

Amen to that. And amen again.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.