We were really lucky in south-western Connecticut--unlike Long Island, eastern Connecticut, Rhode Island, most of Massachusetts, and northern New England.
About 7 inches here--just far away from the coast which the storm hugged through the state. Not the 2 feet we'd been promised. But some promises are BEST when broken....The only electricity lost in CT was because a plow truck hit a tree somewhere that fell into the lines!
The snow's going to be around for a while since it doesn't seem it will be above freezing for the rest of the week and there might be more on Friday.
I told Bern that Stop and Shop should sponsor storms. I went there Monday afternoon and it was a mad house, truly. I hadn't intended to buy bottled water but noticed there was no water left except for on case of 24 16oz. bottles. So, I bought it, not knowing exactly why except I was drawn in by the frenzy of post Blizzard shopping.
It will last us a year, I predict. The only time we drink bottled water is on long trips.
I went back to Stop and Shop after the roads had been somewhat cleared today. Still no water and almost no bread. Bread and water was going to be the diet during the Blizzard, I guess.
This winter has really been gentle so far...but let me find some wood to knock on....
- ► 2020 (335)
- ► 2019 (312)
- ► 2018 (248)
- ► 2017 (248)
- ► 2016 (291)
- Doing my sums--Anthony and Ron
- how things go....
- The Blizzard came...sort of....
- Waiting for The Blizzard
- my weather junkie....
- Oh, my Lord, it's getting better and better...
- Last two chapters of the Igloo Factory
- Posting the Igloo Factory
- The joy of cabbage stalk
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Eleven
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Eight, nine and ten
- The itch you can't scratch...
- On my way to Killingworth this morning...
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Seven
- A confession I regret already
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Six
- The three worst jokes I know (and wish I didn't)
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Five
- Igloo Factory--Chapter Four
- "Body Pain" and a name I can't remember
- The Igloo Factory--Chapter Three
- Igloo Factory--Chapter Two
- The Igloo Factory
- Red Eye?
- How I'm different from the Puli
- Je suis Charlie
- I look at pictures....
- So cold the moon
- OK, I've had it with the NYPD
- Another unpreached sermon
- Home again
- ▼ January (33)
- ► 2014 (346)
- ► 2013 (262)
- ► 2012 (120)
- ► 2011 (136)
- ► 2010 (204)