Monday, January 26, 2015

Waiting for The Blizzard

Today has passed mostly without incident.

Bern went out early to mail bills and pay our property tax at Town Hall.

I slept until 10!

I took the Puli out and we both had breakfast.

I took the Puli to the Canal and he barked all the way there and then didn't want to get out of the car until I pulled him out. He did his business and we walked a bit and then came home. He barked all the way home and didn't want to get out of the car until I pulled him out. Anxious about The Blizzard, I suspect.

I went out to get a few things and when I saw there was only one 24 pack of water in all of Stop and Shop, I bought it, though 'water' wasn't on my list.

I didn't have lunch until 2.

I fed the cat and dog at 3.

I played Hearts on my computer and Bern played Solitaire on hers. We heard from Mimi who drove from Brooklyn to Stockbridge this morning. Arrived safe.

I did some email--meeting with the bishop tomorrow canceled, of course--because of The Blizzard.

Waiting for The Blizzard is beginning to get old.

Bern made a pot of chicken soup (she called it 'Blizzard Soup' with potatoes, corn, carrots, celery and spinach) which was wondrous but enough to feed a minion. "We need sustenance," she told me, "for The Blizzard."

I'm tired of waiting for The Blizzard. As much as I won't like it, I wish it would happen already, so I didn't have to pass the time 'waiting' for it.

Like that.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.