Tuesday, September 5, 2017

DACA

Bern's father was brought to the US by his father from Italy when he was young. Then his mother and brother came and Bern's brother, sister and she were born here. Her mother having come to America as a fetus from Hungary.

Don't tell me about the President who will not be named's right to suspend and end DACA.

We all--unless you're 100% Native American--came from somewhere else and even they came, before the US was a country, from somewhere else.

The President's family came mostly from Germany. His current wife was an immigrant.

We have to find a path to citizenship for all the DACA folks and for everyone here illegally.

It's the "American thing to do".

My maternal great grandfather came from Ireland. The Bradley side of me came from Great Britain about five generations ago.

This DACA nonsense is solely because most of them are brown, not white.

Give me a break or take down the Statue of Liberty

Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses, yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore,
Send these, the homeless, tempest tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door. 


Don't, for God's sake and all that is holy close that 'Golden Door'!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.