Friday, May 18, 2018

It's been 9 weeks

Nine weeks. Sixty-three days.

The bag Bela's ashes came to us in is a foot  and a half from my right foot.

The container they were in is in the bag. The top of the container says, "Until we meet again at the rainbow bridge."

I have no idea what that means and don't want to know. But I keep it near me. His paw print from the crematorium is on my desk, near me.

Just like the hat Bern made me for Christmas some 5 or 6 years ago that looks like a Puli dog, down to the black mark on my hat's tongue...a Puli trait--near me.

I've resisted bringing the little 2 inch sized Puli brass depiction downstairs to be near me.

My cup with a Puli on it is on the desk where I write. But it has been for several years. Only now I look at it with longing that I didn't have 9 weeks ago.

And on a little file folder holder to my right there are still Bela ashes from where I divided them between Bern and I to scatter at the Canal where we walked him thousands of times.

Oh, Jesus, I still mourn him and miss him so....

The 63 days without him hurt so much though we had 5015 days with him (I did the math for him).

Deep breath.

I miss him so.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.