Friday, May 25, 2018

We've lived in this house

We've lived in this house for 31 years. I was 40 and Bern was 37 when we moved the 95 Cornwall Avenue in Cheshire. Young by any measure.

Josh was 12 and Mimi was 9. Over those years we've had 3 dogs, 6 cats, 2 birds, 7 guinea pigs and a rat live with us.

I walk around in this house an it is 'home' to me.

I hope I live long enough to live half my life in this house.

It is as familiar to me as my skin.

The yards are my Garden of Eden.

It is so remarkable to be so centered in a 'place'.

And I am.

A son-in-law and daughter in law and four grand daughers later we're still here.

In this place.

Home. Like no where else ever for me, this is home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.