Tuesday, December 18, 2018

I warned you....

I told you I would break my silence about President He Who Not Be Named and it wouldn't be pretty.

My friend, Charles, handed me this post when he told me someone had told him there is a Psalm for every moment and he had found the Psalm for our President.

It's Psalm 52 and it goes like this, in part....

You tyrant, why do you boast of wickedness*
 against the godly all day long?

You plot ruin; your tongue is like a sharpened razor*
 O worker of decedption.

You love evil more than good*
 and lying more than speaking the truth.

You love all words that hurt,*
 O you deceitful tongue.

Oh, that God would demolish you utterly,*
 topple you and snatch you from your dwelling,
 and root you out of the land of the living!

The righteous shall see and tremble,*
 and they shall laugh at him, saying,

"This is the one who did not take God for a refuge,*
 but trusted in great wealth
 and relied upon wickedness."

Good job, Charles, you and the Psalmist nailed it.

Every word rings true about this President....



  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.