Saturday, September 25, 2021

Funeral today

Today I did a funeral at St. John's in Waterbury of a woman I don't remember.

She was a life-long member and I was there for 21 years--but I didn't remember her.

There was a photo board with dozens of pictures. I looked at them all before the service.

But I didn't remember her.

Was I just not paying attention?

Or was she one of those folks who showed up a lot but didn't do anything else and I just didn't know her?

It bothers me that I don't remember her.

A niece gave a remarkable 6 minute reflection that told me a lot about her.

But I still didn't remember her.

That made me sad, but I talked to her only child, her son, and his three children and they appreciated the service so much it made me feel better.

But I'm still sad that I don't remember her.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.