Thursday, April 14, 2022

Maunday Thursday

 This may be my favorite Holy Day.

I love the drama, the foot washing, stripping the altar--I love everything about it.

Trinity invited other Episcopal Churches and, in spite of the torrential rain around 5 p.m., we had about 60 folks show up.

Brett, another priest celebrated and I did the rest.

Just as I was pouring wine and water on the five wounds of Christ on the marble altar top, they turned out the lights and a giant lightening strike nearby and a mighty roll of thunder happened!

I wondered if God was pleased or not with how I was doing it.

Then soup--seven kinds--and bread and cookies and wine.

A fine feast to end the late afternoon.

Maundy Thursday is wondrous.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.