Sunday, April 24, 2022

The Chill

 I was talking over the fence to our next door neighbor, Mark, about a variety of things.

One thing he said was, "this might be New England's week of Spring, it could be in the 90's soon."

He had on a short sleeve shirt, shorts and no socks.

I had a long sleeve shirt over a short sleeve shirt and a warm jacket, jeans and socks--winter socks.

I wanted to say, but didn't: "bring on summer then!"

There have been one or two days when it got to 70, but most it's 50's and 60's. The weather report shows that too for the next week, but no night's below freezing.

Our front and back yards are full of flowers and blossoming plants, but I still felt chilly.

I know I've complained before about cold and me.

But it's still out there--chilly, if not cold.

Bring on the warmth.

I need it and long for it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

About Me

some ponderings by an aging white man who is an Episcopal priest in Connecticut. Now retired but still working and still wondering what it all means...all of it.